Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Balloon Dreams

I wish I had a picture. A few days ago, from my house, in the distance, I saw this hot air balloon hovering low in the sky. It's not so rare a sight that I'd feel a need to stand and gawk at it for an hour or anything, but it's not something I see everyday. So yes, I did gawk a bit. A short while later, I see this same balloon (not as far away as it looked) crossing over the highway, low enough that if it were closer to the nearby overpass, it could've touched it. I wondered if that person had been that low intentionally, to watch the drones heading to work, or if it were some mistake s/he were frantically trying to correct. That's more excitement than I could handle that early in the morning. It was quite a sight to see though. Definitely wish I had brought my camera to work that day. Does it feel like you can touch the sky when you're in a hot air balloon?

No comments: